After the successful completion of the first-ever Roll & Write Game Design Contest, we are proud to announce the 2nd Roll & Write Contest on Indiaboardgames.net.
Theme & Requirements:
- The theme for this contest is the Indian States. Your game must include at least one unique aspect from any one of the 28 states of India. Note: The game theme should focus on one state only.
- Your game must include a Solo mode.
- Your submission (rules & player sheet) should fit on 4 A4 sized pages.
- You can use up to 5 dice (D6, D10, or D20) in your game design.
- Share your interest to participate in the contest via this email before 1 March 2021 15 March 2021.
- Submit a game designed to meet the theme & requirements.
- The deadline for submissions is 28 March at 11:59 PM IST.
- The game should be a Roll & Write game as per the definition at Board Game Geek.
- Your submission to this email, in English, should include the following:
- Player Sheet(s)
- Brief description about the game (2-4 lines)
- You are free to share a link to a digital prototype or a gameplay video.
- Judging will commence from 29 March and the winner will be declared by 1 May 2021.
- After the initial round of judging or voting, 5 games will be shortlisted as the finalists. The finalist games will be judged by:
- Sergi Sanchez from Roll & Write Games, a board game publisher based in Spain. Apart from publishing board games, Sergi regularly organizes the Roll & Write Contest on Board Game Geek.
- Ben Moy is Your Friend who Designs Board Games, designer of Breakdancing Meeples. He is also the judge of The Game Crafter Community Anthology Contest, and host of the Board Game Blueprint.
- The judging criteria will involve:
- Adherence to the theme & requirements
- Fun to play
- Clarity of rules
- If you are interested in judging the initial entries, please contact me.
- The winning entry will receive the following courtesy of Dice Toy Labs:
- The second-place entry will receive a prize of 2,500 Indian Rupees (approximately $35).
- You should include intellectual property you own or have rights to use.
- The game you design should be targeted at ages 8+.
- The game should not be available for sale, preorder, or crowdfunding prior to or while it is in the contest.
- You can enter one game in the contest.
- Your design will be shared publicly by “India Board Games” on the website, the sponsors, and with the judges.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter the contest.
- The judges’ decision is final and you will not hold the organizers of this contest or the judges liable for any matters related to this contest.
Join us on the Discord server if you have any queries or would like to just chat with us.