The first-ever Roll & Write Game Design Contest is meant to encourage board game designers to create exciting games in a short period of time.
Designing an engaging Roll & Write game is a nice test for the game designers that would like to challenge themselves. This Game Design Contest will be launched during the holiday season.
The contest has now ended and the joint winners are:
Artisans of the Taj Mahal by Chris Kingsnorth
Sabotage the Raj by Mohit Patel & Chirag Arora
The theme for this contest is Indian History or History of India. Your game can include any aspect of Indian History from 7,000 BCE to 1947 AD.
- Submit a game that you have designed in a 7-day window. Games will need to be designed to meet the theme.
- The deadline for submissions is 21 December at 11:59 PM IST.
- The game should be a Roll & Write game as per the definition at Board Game Geek.
- Your submission to this email, in English, should include the following:
- Player Sheet(s)
- Your submission should fit on 4 A4 sized pages. You are free to share a link to a digital prototype and a gameplay video.
- You can use up to 6 dice (D6, D10, or D20) in your game design.
- Judging will commence from 22 December and the winner will be declared by 21 January 2021.
- After the initial round of judging, 5 games will be shortlisted as the finalists. The finalist games will be judged by:
- The judging criteria will involve:
- Adherence to the theme
- Fun to play
- Clarity of rules
- If you are interested in judging the initial entries, please contact me.
- The winning entry will win a prize of 7,000 Indian Rupees (approximately $95).
- You should include intellectual property you own or have rights to use.
- The game you design should be targeted at ages 8+.
- The game should not be available for sale, preorder, or crowdfunding prior to or while it is in the contest.
- You can enter 2 games in the contest.
- Your design will be shared publicly by “India Board Games” on the website and with the judges.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter the contest.
- The judges’ decision is final and you will not hold the organizers of this contest or the judges liable for any matters related to this contest.
Join us on the Discord server if you have any queries or would like to just chat with us.